Tuesday, June 19, 2007

PLAGIARIZED BY THE POPE (intro)

The Cowboy just got plagiarized by the Pope (Actually a lower ranking Bishop in the Vatican did it) and it makes the Cowboy indulge in the sin of Pride. I feel relevant!

Yipee.

In a posting from last October called “Sin To Win” I posed the following question to the 3 or 4 Christians whom I could trick into reading my blog:

“Why don’t you DRIVE like a Christian?”

I invited a slew of news editors to critique my post, and just about anyone interesting whose public email address I could find online. I also sent unsolicited Blog Of A Cowboy invitations to a few theologians at the Vatican whose public emails were easy to find.

This week the Vatican issued: “Ten Commandments for Drivers”.

I am genuinely grateful to the frocked journeymen who handle the Big Guy’s PR. Let’s face it, The Cowboy is too afraid of appearing foolish to try and change the world, but if I can change the minds of the pink shod men who can, that’s worth a little private time with one of the seven deadlys.

I feel obliged to reach out again towards that Great Unknowable and those who know all about it. So I’ll try another hack-job session with variations on the favorite question of America’s collective conservative intellect.

What Would Jesus Do?

No comments: