Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Stay The Farce

In a desperate acknowledgment that the Neo-Conservative occupations of both the US and Iraq are in Clear and Present Danger of simultaneous collapse this election cycle, The White House has held a series of High Level Meetings about Iraq. The impression one gets is that The Best and The Brightest have been called in to try and convince George W. Bush that the war in Iraq and the Republican majority can be lost.

The best they have come up with is to state publicly that America needs a new slogan in order to accomplish whatever our goals actually are in Iraq.

Three words (Stay The Course) have been the sole strategic and tactical guidance implemented by the Neo-Conservatives for almost 3 years. These words were fine for the early stages of the Iraq occupation but the conflict has evolved.

I am just a cowboy, so I don’t have our leader’s sophisticated framework of comprehensive situational awareness in the war on terror. Sometimes I think it is all just A Great Game. I can’t really call up the ironic historic timeline of Iraq. To me there is just a blur starting with a woman and man eating a Pomegranate, through some motorcycle guy named T.E. Lawrence and some kind of Arab League and a bunch of Young Turks, and then something called ARAMCO and on and on, all ending up with forward elements of the 3rd I.D., a Marine Expeditionary Force and a sand grounded 101st Air Assault Division overthrowing a savage dictator originally empowered by the CIA.

No, I am obviously not qualified to have a strong opinion about U.S. adventurism in a place that my children already call:

“Viet-Sand”.

But I do think the Time Is Now for us to Up the Ante and use four or even five words to fight the Iraq war. I realize it sounds radical, but I am frustrated by our stagnated cycle of dysfunctional leadership.

I say we need a complete sentence.

Thanks,

A.